At long last the lilacs have bloomed in my back yard! It's still pretty chilly outside here and I thought I would be able to enjoy them more in the house.


Their fragrance is heavenly. They looked so pretty rough cut on this silver tray... too bad they need water...



I love the handles on this piece--the carving is so very intricate. I picked it up at the thrift store some time ago. I keep in on my office table to catch mail each day.  After this I think I'll be taking it out to the garden all season to hold my flower sprays.


The flowers found their home in this silver champagne cooler which I have used over and over and over again in the short time I have had it. You can read the story behind this favorite thrift store find here.


One thrifted silver champagne cooler used as a vase, a bunch of lilacs cut from the back yard... love it. I've created a new blog label just for the cooler! You can find other posts featuring it here.

Linking up to:
Common Ground
Shabby Chic Cottage
Cottage Flora Thursdays
Brambleberry Cottage
All Things Inspired
A Beach Cottage 
Vintage Thingy Thursday at Colorado Lady
Savvy Southern Style
Blue Cricket Design
Sunburnt Cow

sig trans


26 Comments

  1. Gorgeous blooms and pics. Your photoshoot looks straight out of a magazine. That champagne cooler is just a lovely find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful lilacs... love your silverie pot too its so beautiful...
    Hope you like to visit and love to feel the beauty and fragrance of flowers at
    http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
    Love
    Farah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can always count on gorgeous photos here. These are no exception. The smell almost comes through! Beautiful...smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos--I love lilacs (and yours gorgeous in that silver)--have a great week. Patty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am lucky to have found not just one, but TWO of those champagne buckets. I paid $1 for each one, I'm lucky like that~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing in my backyard is near as beautiful as those lilacs! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely gorgeous, mary.

    waiting for mine to bloom any day now...

    xo
    ~molly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you just love lilacs- ahhh the scent!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love lilacs and that is such a gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are beautifil flowers. They look lovely the way you are using them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful lilacs and lovely pictures. I am envious of your champagne cooler...what a treasure. Thank you for sharing all these wonderful images. Glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mary,

    Your lilacs are stunning, especially in your silver cooler! Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the scent of Lilacs mine have come and gone already. I can just smell their wonderful aroma.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your photos are gorgeous!! The lilacs against the vintage silver is stunning. Don't you wish you could bottle the fragrance?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these pink lilacs! I only have 2 colors of purple and white - whould love to add these to my collection ! Thanks for sharing, Paula from Idaho
    http://bucketideasforgardening.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. So lovely, Mary! I need to plant some lilac bushes! They look perfect with the silver, thanks for linking up with VIF, xoxo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the look of the lilacs on the tray and in the cooler! Elegantly vintage. I just had 3 lilac bushes planted outside my dining room window. Now if I could just open it and smell them- it's been too cold and rainy! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I'm sooo envious, Mary! With all the wonderful things I have growing around here, there's not ONE single lilac bush! I hope to remedy that in the near future. In the meantime, I'll just enjoy yours through these lovely images. I ONLY WISH YOUR BLOG HAD A SCRATCH & SNIFF BUTTON! lol

    Thanks for joining the party! I love having you share your lovelies at my place. ;)

    Blessings,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the beautiful lilacs, I wish they would grow in Eaxt Texas. They are so pretty in your silver.
    Blessing, Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your flowers are so pretty and healthy looking. I am now a follower. 'Found you through the SunBurnt Cow Link Party where we are both participating :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooh, lilacs and vintage silver look beautiful together!!! If you want to keep the blooms on the tray, you could use those little water tubes that they use to keep flowers fresh, and just hide them with some carefully placed leaves or ribbon or something.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh...and I'm featuring this gorgeous post in next weeks All Things Inspired...xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the lilacs and silver tray. Trays I can never pass up. They are so fun to decorate with. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolute beauty :) I should admit that lilac is one of the most beautiful flowers

    Greetings holiday apartment london

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, this is such an elegant display, and one that is so simple, too. (The best kind, I think)! I love the silver with the lilacs - great idea!

    Thanks so much for linking up to the Sunburnt Cow link party. I featured you at All Thumbs Crafts.

    Cheers,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration...

Pageviews last month

subscribe

Blogger templates

Translate blog language

Powered by Blogger.

Fabulous friends & followers

Search This Blog