I have rearranged all my costume jewelry to a spot where I see it each day--not far from the mirror where I put on my makeup. I've been wearing pieces I haven't worn in years, simply because it's out in full view.



I've been seeing metal wall art in the shape of trees and branches everywhere, and I got the idea to re-purpose one to display my jewelry. I  took my time to find just the right one and I must admit it was the rhinestone leaves that made me choose this tree. It is from HomeGoods of course!




I'll show you some other bits in this little dressing area. The tiered tray was also a HomeGoods purchase from a few years ago.It has an eyelet look edge that is perfect for holding earrings. The little trays hold pins and miscellaneous jewelry.









This little necklace display piece is from a store called Whimsy in Morris, IL. I picked it up on my trip to the French Hens Market last year. 



These two necklaces are costume jewelry from a thrift shop. I get just as much joy out of looking at them as I do from wearing them!  The candlestick below was a Goodwill find. It seems perfect for this space.




The piece of furniture I picked up several years ago from the Grayslake Antique Market. The booth is called Rhubarb Reign. They always have beautiful things at very fair prices. It's hard to leave their booth without a purchase! I love all the cubbies and drawers for storage. The cubbies hold the fun stuff: more jewelry, recently worn scarves and belts, small purses, towels, makeup, etc... and the drawers hold the not so fun stuff: cleaning supplies, lonely socks, items to mend, etc...



It was lots of fun dressing up this area. I've had the little drawer unit for a year or two and I'm so glad I've finally topped it off with this wall art turned jewelry tree!



I can't resist all that pretty bling in the morning! Quite perfect for a girl who loves anything that sparkles, don't you think?





sig trans 
Join my link party... open through Saturday!

Button


Linking to:

homework

Somewhat Simple


Photobucket

 
36th Avenue















Hope Studios


Photobucket







<b>Add my button to your sidebar!</b>



28 Comments

  1. Oh... I'm green with envy!!! THAT LOOKS WONDERFUL!!!

    ;-D robelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Especially loving the 3-tiered server used for jewelry--using the decorative eyelet to hang earrings is genius. Though not as beautiful as your set-up, I have found that having my jewelry out in/on repurposed storage really does help get more baubles into rotation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks wonderful and like you said Art! and u can find things so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made a pretty piece of wall art look even better- great idea!!! You are so right: if you can see your jewelry, you tend to wear it more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, I love the bling..the sparkle makes it so much fun. this was a very creative project and you do have some beautiful pieces..

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! What a great post! Great idea.This looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a very fun idea and post, thanks for sharing! Hugs Marilou

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea and it just finishes the whole area.

    I particularly like the square thrift shop necklace. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The whole thing looks fantastic. I think you were very creative to use that wall art for a jewlery holder, and I think the cabinet looks both super useful and really cute. Good job and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you are hanging your baubles. I keep mine out where I can see it always. Makes it easier to keep track of what I have and wear and like your's it is beautiful displayed for the eye to behold.
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are making me want to drag my jewelry out of my drawers and put it out now. That is such a great idea. I would probably wear it more if I saw it daily.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great display. I can see why you stop and pick out just the right piece each day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything is clever and beautiful, but I have to admit that I am drooling over that wall tree... it is a work of art! And all that bling you've displayed just takes it over the top! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a bling girl myself, and I've got to say this is fabulous. What a lovely way to display the family jewels! LOL
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Fabulous idea. I thought I was really clever to use two tea towel holders to use to hang my necklaces, but this beat that! Love the idea of the tiered tray. I have one I'm not using and I happen to be reorganizing my jewelry. Now, I'm going to be on the look-out for one of those trees.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a really cute idea. My stuff is all in a cabinet but I love how it looks on display! HomeGoods is the best store lol. I often stay away just to keep myself from buying stuff. Do you keep that in your bathroom or bedroom?

    Thanks!

    -Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh My what a beautiful display...It looks like a Boutique Shop.. : )I just became a follower : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a gorgeous way to display jewelry, Mary. Half the time, I forget what I have to choose from and just wear the same pieces over and over. I love the entire vignette you've created! ;)

    Hope to see you Wednesday night at the party.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Alice and Bridget, this jewelry tree is in my bedroom--when you enter the room to the left is a closet and sink area (also entry to the bathroom) and to the right is the bedroom proper. This vignette is the first thing you see when you enter the room!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi there- found you through the hop and am a new follower. I love getting to look at all my jewelry! Too bad all of it is in gastronome or a small travel case I hope you have time to follow my life in South Africa by http://withoutcomplexities.blogspot.com

    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is a piece of art!! I can't stop staring at it! Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful. It looks like a display in a very fine boutique. I love it. I would be so happy if you shared this project on my Inspiration Board {link party}. I know my readers would really enjoy it. http://carolynshomework.blogspot.com/2011/08/inspiration-board-link-party-11.html
    Thanks.
    carolyn | homework

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful display - I love jewelry, and this is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those are great ideas, I especially like the branch on the wall for necklaces. I did something similar with a real branch and frame recently, that I love (it's on my blog if you're interested in looking). Now I need a tiered stand for the rest! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. this is soo cute! I love how it looks so organized but scattered

    ReplyDelete
  26. So pretty! I love displaying jewelry and incorporating it into my decor. You have a very lovely blog! I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  27. very interesting take on contemporary metal wall art and a convenient way to hang your jewelry! i like!

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration...

Pageviews last month

subscribe

Blogger templates

Translate blog language

Powered by Blogger.

Fabulous friends & followers

Search This Blog