Here's some pictures from the shopping portion of my trip to Iowa to see my girls last week. These are the things I did not buy... but wanted to. Wow--I am actually showing some restraint! Some I may regret, like this sweet picture of the lady in pink. At this moment, I have no where to put her and I have lots of other pictures I need to hang. So she will stay in this little display basket until she calls to someone else. There were two other prints in similar frames of a lady in black. They didn't appeal to me as much as this one. There's something about the color pink. I don't really decorate with it but I love pokes of it here and there.

Here's another pretty pink vase that caught my eye...



I also like bits of red, especially fun to use around the holidays. This was an interesting urn that would certainly make a pretty planter, but it seemed a waste not to use the lid as well and I couldn't think of anything to use it for or where it would go in my home, so.... on to the next aisle!



My new strategy is to take a picture of the pretties I don't bring home. The sight of them still brings me joy and I don't necessarily have to have the actual object. Of course these pictures may bring on a bit of remorse as well but that's okay... I always seem to find another something somewhere!



These little poodles in tutus were cute. I have a friend that collects them but I know she has her fill! I visited three of my favorite stops on Saturday while my girls studied for finals before we met to go to the mall {their favorite way to shop} and for dinner.





I just worked on a wedding display case at work and so my eye was drawn to these beautiful vintage wedding dresses. This one above in particular was so lovely... note the shape of the hem and the gorgeous 15 foot train hanging next to it. The price couldn't be beat either--$100 for the set!


This is a fun shop, they have a mix of antiques and modern thrift and prices to match. They sort all of their thrifty smalls by color on the shelves. I thought these wall hangings were interesting if you had the right place for them. I believe they were about $2 each.


Of all the buttons they had, this rhinestone set caught my eye. If they'd have been less expensive, they'd have landed in my cart. I've seen them adorn vintage bottles and jars, or I suppose they could have been made into magnets or inspiration board tacks as well. The heart pin made of buttons was a great way to use these treasures.
 


This dresser was lovely, but again, no need for it in my home. I believe the price was $125--not cheap enough for me to be unable to resist! I am looking for a tall dresser for my daughter's apartment next year, but haven't found one yet.


I really liked this sofa as well... the curves, the tufting and the creamy white color were precious. I don't really have a place for it at the moment, and it was marked at $200... very easy for me to resist!



Here's the piece pictured above I really had to walk away from. A vintage dresser marked half price at just $25. I didn't inspect it that closely as I knew I didn't currently have a spot for it, and bringing big things home when I already had my minivan full of the contents of my daughter's dorm room and a 70 lb. golden retriever (with travel crate of course). My son is looking for furniture for his new apartment in the city... I think it would have been perfect near his front door, but it was not meant to be on this trip.The chips in the finish don't bother me at all, easy to fix with wood filler and it would have been painted.


 I thought about this for our lake house... only $6 for this print.


This hurricane was kind of neat, a white and silver pearl finish with little crystals on the sides.


Gold things were catching my eye, too. Loved this pretty bar set... and this angel lamp below. I heard some women talking about it after I snapped a picture and moved through the store. I have a feeling it went home with one of them.



I thought about grabbing these reindeer, too, but I have so many holiday decorations although they would be right at home at our lake house as well!


This little child's french mirror above was sweet! Remember that I was going to keep my eye out for luggage? It was not meant to be. These cases were priced too high for me to add yet another to my collection. Price most definitely influences my purchases. If they would have been priced lower they would have been hard to resist!



So what did make it home with me? I'll have to save that for part 2 of this post! I'm looking forward to seeing what's new with my readers! Thanks to all of you who linked up last week! I can't wait to see what fabulous projects and ideas this week will bring.

Linking this post to
Annual Wedding Blog Party! 
Weekend Wrap Up Party
Pink Saturday at How Sweet the Sound
Blue Cricket Design 
My Romantic Home
Wassup Wednesday at Elements Interiors
All Things Inspired
Rednesday: It's a Very Cherry World
Faded Charm 
Twice Owned Tuesday on House of Grace
Brambleberry Cottage
Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays At Coastal Charm 
Thrift Share Mondays

Features from last week will be spotlighted in another post due to the length of this one. A few reminders...

  • Please link just one specific post you want to feature, not your whole blog (to do this, click on the title of the post you want to link and it will open on it's own page, then copy that url
  • Please link back to the party so that others can find it. Grab my cute button (code is on my sidebar)  to include in your post or somewhere on your blog; text links are fine too.
  • If you have clicked around my blog and like what you see, consider being follower!
  • Try to visit a few other links if you can. Everybody loves comments and encouragement!
sig trans


31 Comments

  1. So so many fun things, the dresser would be my weakness! Just linked up, thanks for the great party. xo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the vintage inspiration, especially the wedding dress. so pretty, mary.

    xo
    ~molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of a great vintage treasures.

    I think I will try your idea of photographing items rather than bringing them all home!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd found a place for the dresser...I'm with you...the pretty picture is adorable...haven't seen the pink version before, either...so pretty!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wedding dress with the huge train is beautiful. Maybe I need to have a second wedding! I like your idea of photographing items instead of buying them. You may be on to something there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If this is the stuff that you passed up, I can't wait to see what you couldn't resist! I especially love the Button Heart Pin. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that vintage dresser! Thanks for hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm on pins and needles to see what you did come home with. That $25 dresser is awfully tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Feel like we just went on a shopping day with you! Have started the taking pics of the things that just can't come home with me too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the painting in the first photo and the wedding dresses are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the pink lady and the suitcases!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for hosting. I love your parties. Don't know how you walked away from that $25 dresser. That's will power. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wanted the dresser so bad. But honestly, no room in the car!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now that's the "thriftiest" way to shop that I've ever heard of. Just take pictures of the things you like and enjoy them that way. ;)

    Thanks for hosting the party, Mary.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, so many wonderful things!! How did you walk away? I especially loved the first wedding dress! And the heart shaped button pin!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved all of the dresses and the brooch made out of vintage buttons. I have my grandmother's button box. I could make some beautiful items using the contents!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there, just found your blog and am your newest follower. Am a little late to your party, but have linked up my latest finds anyway, hope you can take a look. I'll try and play along next week too.

    I have taken photos of things that are just too expensive before now too - at least you still have them for inspiration! I really like the pink lady and am sure someone else will adopt her soon. Thrift shops in the States seem to have a better selection - or at least be a lot larger - than the charity shops we have over here, and I am super jealous of the estate and yard sale culture you have.

    I bet everyone is now figuring out how to make a button heart brooch - I know I am!

    Lakota x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ive just found your blog too! Ooh I would have snapped up those poodles and the little french mirror love it! Im a bit late on the linky party but will add my latest blog post and join in next week :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Price is a big influencer most of the time.
    You had a great way to spend time while waiting.
    Since I am temporarily grounded (no vehicle)I enjoyed "getting out" via your photos.

    I need to learn more about your new party!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Better late than never to the party. You're amazing to be able to walk away from some of these beauties. I'd have a hard time passing them all up. I'm loving all of it, but especially that dresser, gold bar set, and the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So happy to have found your blog! I've just linked up to your party and would love to invite you to join my Wedding Blog Party next month! Your wedding gowns and that sweet cherub lamp both definitely caught my eye!!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, my, I am in shopping heaven! What lovely treasures you have shared.

    Have a beautiful PINK weekend.
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    5 day GIVEAWAY, pop over

    ReplyDelete
  23. It was so much fun shopping with you! I would have had a hard time resisting some of those items too, especially those suitcases. Hope you have a wonderful Pink Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I don't know that I would have been able to resist that dresser, but your sweet golden would have been very disappointed if you couldn't fit her into the car! I have a lovely golden named Molly, and she's my baby. It was fun "window shopping" with you. There were certainly some wonderful treasures to be had. Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  25. While surfing blogland I found you! Loved traveling with you and seeing your treasures! The dresser was too cute and my fav!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I agree with you about taking pictures of the things you passed up... I've begun doing that as well. A little way we can "possess" all those things we really want but know we don't really need! :)

    HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  27. I absolutely adore vintage treasures! Thanks so much for sharing all these great photos with us. And you're right....looking at the photos is almost as good as actually having the real deal. :)
    Visiting from Show & Tell Friday. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Mary~
    These pictures are just gorgeous! I have enjoyed stopping by for the visit.
    many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Mary! I'm so glad you linked this post up to the Wedding Blog Party! Just perfect with those gorgeous bridal gowns! I'm always amazed that some get rid of their gowns! My very fav is the one with the extra long train hanging beside it. And I would definitely have had to bring home the cherub lamp, too!! Maybe even that sweet tufted sofa ~ the curves are really doing it for me!

    Thanks so much for joining and sharing with us all! My out of town relatives are gone now, so I'm free to visit and revisit everyone's lovely wedding posts!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration...

Pageviews last month

subscribe

Blogger templates

Translate blog language

Powered by Blogger.

Fabulous friends & followers

Search This Blog