I visited a Goodwill store a few towns over recently and was pleasantly surprised at their offerings. My theme seemed to be silver & gold... just about everything I picked up sported a metallic finish.




My favorite finds were these little silver punch cups. I left a few for the next shopper, but was so tempted to bring them all home. Seriously... are they not the sweetest things? Even if I didn't have another use in mind for them their cute curly handles and petite size would make me happy stacked on a shelf.


They've found a home in my laundry area of all places. Tucked inside some simple glass canisters that hold my two favorite laundry boosters, Oxiclean and Borax, I've repurposed the punch cups as scoops.


So much prettier than the plastic measuring cups that come with the product, or even the stainless kitchen measuring cups I've used in the past.



A girl has to have some fun on laundry day... these pretty little silver plate cups make mine a bit more enjoyable. I have one of the high efficiency washing machines now, so my detergent has to be liquid. The containers for the detergent are not at all attractive... big orange or blue jugs. Those will have to stay tucked into my cabinet for now... unless you have some ideas for me... hmmmm?





sig trans 
Linking this post to

CLICK TO JOIN LINKY PARTY 








Shabby Chic Cottage 



vif187












24 Comments

  1. Oh...those cups are so pretty...I think you should have bought all they had. I made a trip down to the big Goodwill a few weeks ago and was very disappointed. Absolutely nothing of interest. But I guess I'll try again sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliantly beautiful.I love how you've elevated the mundane.I would have selfishly purchased them all but I am a greedy girl.Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness... those are GORGEOUS!!! And your photos are delicious!!! I just drooled. LOLOL

    ;-D great finds!!!
    robelyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good idea! We use liquid detergent, so no fun silver cups for me. Womp, womp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea! I love to collect silver ~ so much that I have more than I know what to do with so thank you for the idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always find the best things. Your silver cups are just divine. I'm all about making laundry FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How gorgeous!! I love having a cup to scoop flour and sugar -- my canister has peach lusterware cups in them -- gw finds too. Enjoy your beauties :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a wonderful find! I am afraid I would polish them. Great ideas the way you are using them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love Mary and her silver! Great idea to use them as scoops! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The silver cups are fabulous, what a great use for them too. I know it must feel so good to see them every time you walk into the laundry room, which if you're like me is fairly often.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a neat idea for repurposing. I would have had a hard time not buying all of them. Thanks for sharing this neat idea. Hugs, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, I'm thinking I just might stop back and see if the rest of the cups are there! But ladies... what will I do with the rest?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those cups are so pretty! You're going to have the fanciest laundry room around.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool idea, and I love those cups, beauties! You've got a wonderful space here, I'm your newest follower :) Great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very darling! I need to find one of those for my laundry soap!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think all of them might have come home with me if I had come across them ... they are so sweet and I love how you're using them. I'd be tempted to use them for sugar or flour or in a pretty jar of bath salts. :-) Or to scoop candy from a jar. Yay for cups of candy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Keep an eye out for a summertime tabletop drink dispenser (they should be going on sale here shortly). I've seen a lovely one at Target & Costco. I do believe I'll be looking for one for my own liquid detergent, along with some nice glass jars & "scoops" of some kind. Thanks for the lovely pictures & lovely ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So wish I could have stumbled upon them! They are too stinkin' cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Mary, these are perfect for the detergent. And hey, what gal doesn't need silver scoops?! great find and real inspiration! thanks for linking up with VIF, xoxo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are lovely! So sorry I haven't been by is so long!!! I just picked up a HUGE silver punch bowl at an otherwise underwhelming yardsale.

    ~Mikey @ Shabby French Cottage
    www.shabbyfrenchcottage.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. your cups are fabulous! I love all the uses you've found for them... you were a much better person than me because I WOULD have taken them all home! lol some lucky shopper is gonna thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You seem to have the best luck at finding beautiful silver pieces! Can you rub some of that on me? :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great idea! I'll be on the hunt for some silver cups!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this idea - my laundry room needs some elegance!

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration...

Pageviews last month

subscribe

Blogger templates

Translate blog language

Powered by Blogger.

Fabulous friends & followers

Search This Blog