I visited a few of my favorite thrift shops over the holiday weekend and only came away with a few treasures. 
Considering that I am trying to pare down my various collections to only keep those things I truly enjoy this is probably not a bad thing!


I still have a thing for vintage children's book illustrations. I can't help but smile when I see the sweet images.



Here's a few of the images from a book entitled The Seven Wonderful Cats. It's a Rand McNally storybook retold by Wallace C. Wadsworth and illustrated by Elizabeth Webbe. This last one is my favorite! They are all high resolution so you should be able to use them in your craft projects.


Last week's highlights...
I was able to visit each and every link from last week and leave comments on just about all of them. I love to see all the creative beauty that links up! If you've been featured, please grab this feature button and shout out the news that your blog is something special!





Button




This link from chipping with charm is only the beginning of inspiration you'll find on this sweet blog! Laurel incorporates vintage finds in new ways all around her kitchen. If you click on over to Chipping with Charm you'll find a great use for an old pew rack and more!



I have a thing for chairs, and so this makeover at Clustres caught my eye very quickly. I love the color she painted it, and the addition of a seat pillow from a drop cloth with her own painted design is really creative.



 Wouldn't it be nice if you could enjoy your jewelry collection every day? The contrast of the sparkle and bling against the matte finish of a vintage window screen is really beautiful. I love how this Jeanne at the Bees Knees Bungalow has made jewelry storage into a piece of art!




Thanks so much to each of you who linked up last week. I truly enjoy visiting each and every one of you to see what you've been up to! I'm ready for another week of fun, so let's get the party started...

Two easy requests...

Link back to the party with a party or blog button or a text link & limit to one link per blog! Let's party!


Button


sig trans



15 Comments

  1. Those kitties are so sweet. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting. Love the trip down memory lane with those cute illustrations from the children's book. I don't recall that book, but the style of the illustrations are nostalgic!

    Cheers,
    Tracy Screaming Sardine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the reminder email...I so appreciate it. Also...thanks for hosting. I love that chair with the drop cloth seat...stunning. Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kitty illustrations remind me of one of my favorite children's books- The Three Little Kittens. They're so cute. Thanks for hosting this inspirational par-tay, Mary. :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just linked up, thanks so much for hosting!
    xo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for hosting all of the creative folks here. I love the little kitten illustrations so so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for hosting. I linked up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The kittens are so adorable!! I love children's book illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi: Thanks for inviting me to your party! I love you blog. It is always so welcoming. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Mary, I too love children's vintage books and stories. What fun memories they bring. This story book is so colorful and the pictures are classic. Love these treausres!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mary, it's my first time here and first time to get acquainted with the bloggers who attend your fun linky party. Thank you for hostessing! Diane @ home sweet homemade

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grazie per l'invito!
    E' un party magnifico!
    A presto.
    Loryan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I just discovered you featured me! I am thrilled and I must figure out how to grab your button! Thanks so much!
    Sweet, sweet kittens!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration...

Pageviews last month

subscribe

Blogger templates

Translate blog language

Powered by Blogger.

Fabulous friends & followers

Search This Blog