I bought these gold wall candle holders at an estate sale a few weeks ago and I still haven't found the right spot for them.
I'm thinking I may never find the right spot for them... perhaps they are a bit too over the top! I've been seeing so much of this plastic gold finery at sales & thrift stores recently and my daughter actually picked up a mirror with the same look for her college apartment.
But still, I can't seem to make these work in my house. Not that they were a huge investment, just a few dollars during the last hours of the last day of an estate sale. Still, they had so much potential when I first saw them.
I'll try them in different spots next week... and worse case, they'll end up at Goodwill or Salvation Army. Ahhh; the circle of life of vintage goods.




What those candleholders need is some white paint! Paint them white, sand thru so a little of the gold is showing then see where they might fit in. I know I'd love them with a redo! If you decide you don't want them let me know.......
ReplyDeleteI agree with Cottage and Broome. I've seen several of my favorite decorating blogs paint those white and they are instantly transformed into something shabby and elegant.
ReplyDeleteI am buying this stuff up like nobody's business.A can of spray paint does wonders with them.Aqua, ballet slipper pink - oh, the possibilities are endless!Have fun.
ReplyDeleteHow about painting them a solid color that coordinates with your decor? Instead of gold, spray paint them orange to complement blue, or any other color opposite on the color wheel.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Meri
I have a pair of those too....everyone hates the original gold though for some reason. I love the original gold.
ReplyDeleteMary, with all these great idea's I'm sure you will end up keeping them and turning them in to a true treasure..
ReplyDeleteI think they're pretty. Maybe just keep them for a little while longer and the right idea will organically develop on its own.
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the great ideas! I'm not giving up on these pretties yet. I'll keep you posted!
ReplyDeleteMary
I think they are great...hang on to them, you bought them because they caught your eye so hopefully.....
ReplyDeleteA few years ago, I had a pair of candle sconces almost identical to yours, Mary. I spray painted mine a soft cottage white and glued in vintage earrings where the center of the flowers were. They turned out quite pretty. Maybe yours just need a makeover to fit in. ;)
ReplyDeleteHave a terrific weekend!
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/