I've been shopping {surprise}. I've been to thrift shops and tag sales looking for a dresser for my youngest who is moving to an apartment this fall at school. But sometimes, I see something just too good to pass up. Even it wasn't what I was shopping for. Hello, pretty chair!
I had no clue where I was going to put it. I initially thought the fabric was baby blue--which I wasn't thrilled with. However, the fabric was in great condition and I loved the details. Now that I see the color in my house, it's more of a light gray blue--almost neutral.
The arms have a sweet button twist on top. Then there's the legs... adorable curvy delicate legs. Of course the price was the thing that really sealed the deal--$15!
I forgot to mention... there was two of them! No matter what the color, at $7.50 a chair, I was not leaving them behind. The only deal breaker would have been if they didn't pass the sniff test. I know it sounds strange, but I smell every piece of furniture I am considering. There's nothing worse than getting something home and finding it smells of mildew or cigarette smoke.
That's my fabulous find for the week... for the summer probably! What have you all been up to? Show us what you got... and link up!
Two easy requests... link back to the party as a simple courtesy with one of my buttons or a text link & limit to one link per blog! If your link has been removed, please re-read the guidelines before re-posting, or e-mail me with any questions. Let's party!





What a great price you paid for those chairs, Mary! Can't believe you found something that worked for your decor and you don't have to recover them. :-) Thanks for hosting the party.
ReplyDelete~ Sue
Hi Mary, I'd say deal of the year! Your chairs are wonderful! Just linked up, thanks for hosting, xoxo Debra
ReplyDeleteVery pretty chairs! What a great bargain you came home with. I'm so jealous!
ReplyDeletehi Mary - did you say $15 for both chairs? Incredible find!! They are charming. I do hope you find the dresser...can't wait to see what kind of bargain you track down :) xo Diane
ReplyDeleteGorgeous chairs Mary! I'm your newest follower and am linking up to your party. Thanks for hosting! :)
ReplyDeleteFabulous find - can't believe the price! Thanks for hosting!
ReplyDeleteWow what an incredible find!! Everywhere in my area the prices are going UP, UP, UP!!!! Goodwill is about to enter into the realm of retail prices on used goods :-( I have left many things behind because of their over pricing.
ReplyDeleteJocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/
What a deal! Seriously, I've never found furniture for those prices, let alone in such lovely shape. Thanks for another great party!
ReplyDeleteWow did you hit it lucky! It's so much fun when you find something like this when it was not even what you were looking for! And the price!!! what a steal..nice going.
ReplyDelete~Shirley
Thank you for inviting me over! I hope you come back over and join in my link party (oops! It's late!)
ReplyDeleteThat is a steal! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteWhat a find! Those two chairs are classics and I love the button detail! I have two chairs like that, that I have had since I was married practically and they have been recovered three times so far. I wouldn't trade them for anything. Thanks for hosting this charming party. xo
ReplyDeleteWow! What a steal on THAT deal! I like the color, and they look to be in terrific condition.
ReplyDeleteThanks for hosting, Mary. Hope to see you at Time Travel Thursday this week.
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/
WOW!!! That's one awesome deal...$15 is a real NIFTY THRIFTY find!!! Hop over and share at my weekly party...I'm also having a chalk paint giveaway.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Linda
These chairs are very pretty. And what a great price!
ReplyDeleteYour link party is new for me. I'll try to join you in the future.
Wow! You got a super duper deal on those chairs. They are just lovely! I love winged back chairs!
ReplyDeleteThanks for popping in to see me.
be a sweetie,
shelia ;)
The chairs were from a church rummage sale I was passing by on my way home... it was the last day and final hours of the sale. One chair was inside and the other was outside. If they had been together I'm sure they wouldn't have been there when I arrived! They are in amazing condition. Thanks for all your compliments!
ReplyDeleteMary
This is awesome. And exactly what I needed to hear at this moment in my little mommy life.
ReplyDeleteArgumentative essay