I have a bit of problem with scarves... I can't resist them. Although I don't wear them too often in summer; I do sport one most days of the week winter, spring and fall.
The best way I have found to store them is in one of my vintage suitcases right on top of a dresser in my bedroom.
I love all of the pretty colors just waiting to be added to an outfit. If I can see them, I'm more likely to wear them. I've found that to be true with all of my accessories.
I fold them in half or thirds, twist the length and then make a loose knot, tucking in the ends at the center. They almost resemble flowers... or even little cinnamon rolls!
Before I started rolling them up I had simply folded them and they always ended up in a messy pile.
Now they're almost a pretty accessory in and of themselves for the room--a decorative accent to enjoy in more ways than one!
Linking this post to:
Check out these pretties from last week! First up is this Clipboard Bling from Delight! It's a simple way to have a little fun with everyday objects for work or home. Linda used many pieces of vintage jewelry to make this shine. Check out the full post at...
This coffee table from Amanda at Girl in Pink is quite the find! It's a pretty shade of creamy white with beautiful carvings and a bit of a distress wash to it. All her accessories finish off the look. I think I have coffee table envy! Check out the full post over at...
Last but not least, is this fabulous desk makeover from Julia at 551 East Furniture Design. The color is amazing... which is the whole point! Her inspiration---peacocks of course! To learn the paint color specs and see the transformation, stop over at...
Thanks to each of you for linking up! Grab a featured button!
What have you all been up to? Show us what you got... and link up!
Two easy requests... link back to the party as a simple courtesy with one of my buttons or a text link & limit to one link per blog! If your link has been removed, please re-read the guidelines before re-posting, or e-mail me with any questions. Let's party!
Link up the best of your blog for all to see!









The scarves in the suitcase are just too fun! And how easy to find a coordinating accessory, too. :-) Thanks for the invite to participate again, Mary. ~ Sue `
ReplyDeleteHi Mary, Your scarf idea is an excellent one and I plan on doing it in my closet...put them in a basket. I love to wear them and have many! I wear them spring, winter and fall but I kind of think they look silly in the summer but that's the fashion. :) xoxo Thank you for hosting this fun party.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun way to store you scarves! I wear one everyday too. they add so much! great suitcase, just linked up, xoxo Debra
ReplyDeleteYou're right! They're so colorful and pretty to look at. Why keep them stashed away in a drawer never to be seen. Thanks so much for hosting Mary.
ReplyDeleteHi: I always love my visits here. You are so talented Mary. Have a great day. Blessings, Martha
ReplyDeleteYes! I love this idea of storing scarves...and you are right, you need to be able to see them to wear them. I don't have a vintage suitcase but I do have drawer. It looks like I will be foling my scarves this evening! Thank you for hosting...this has been fun.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun idea! I have mine just hanging in my closet. Half the time I forget what I have. I have a vintage case just like that. Actually, I have three stacked in my bonus room. My grand daughters often use them when playing dress ups. Bet they won't miss just 1.
ReplyDeletehi Mary ~ so nice to join you again this week! I adore the scarves, so pretty! Thank you for hostessing and highlighting those great features from last week. Always such creative bloggers here! xo, Diane
ReplyDeleteHello Mary... its so nice to join you after such a time... It is always a treat to be with you...
ReplyDeleteI am back from my vacations and in blogging world too…
A little post to share some of my moments of vacation... hope you like to visit and enjoy it...
http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
Love
Farah
You have such a great scarf collection and the loose knots look like a great idea too. Thank you for hosting. I'm sharing some vintage tea infusers.
ReplyDeleteI love the colorful array of scarves, and the suitcase is a great display idea! They are fun to wear, aren't they?(the scarves, not the suitcase, lol.)
ReplyDeleteYou HAD to mention cinnamon rolls! Now I'm hungry!
:)
Where do you find all of your scarves? They are SO pretty!
ReplyDeleteAdorable storage idea....linking up with your party for the first time, looks like lots of fun.
ReplyDeleteHave a great week!
Tami @ A Girls Gotta Nest
Julia--
ReplyDeleteI find lots of scarves at Target, Carson's, Francesca's, Macy's... just about anywhere! It's always a section I look at in any store; there not expensive and I love them when the weather gets cool to keep me warm during the work day.
What a great way to store your skarfs...and I just adore vintage suitcases!! This is my first time linking up...I just found you from Brambleberry Cottage....Anyway I'm your newest follower but your link button doesn't work. I will link up some other way.
ReplyDeleteThanks for Hosting!
Denise
Thank you so much for the sweet feature! What a treat! I love how you've coralled your scarves...and what a collection! You are my accessory hero! I just looked over your jewelry display post...WOW! I like to have my sparklies out where I can enjoy them too...not just wear them!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful weekend!
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda
Love your display of the scarves, specially love that suitcase.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing.
Michele
So glad to have discovered your beautiful Blog this evening... too bad I missed the Blog Party *winks*... I'm adoring that idea with the scarves... I have a collection of Bohemian Wraps and Old Suitcases, so I'm going to borrow this wonderful way of storing & displaying them!
ReplyDeleteBlessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian