I buy the liter size shampoo and conditioner at Ulta when they go on sale. Problem is, I don't have room in my shower to store these monsters. They are also quite heavy and awkward to use on a daily basis. I could have purchased the smaller size of the products and refilled them from the larger bottles, but the expense of those small bottles was quite high and I knew there was a more practical (and beautiful) solution!


I made little labels that I print out and run through my little 5" Xyron machine filled with adhesive laminate. I found these plastic bottles at the Container Store that work perfectly for my needs. They are simple and functional, and with the labels attached, much better looking than the liter-size shampoo bottles.!


These bottles are actually for my shower but they look quite sweet on this tray by the tub. Of course a silver tray helps anything look better! 
 For a printable version of labels, go to my printables page. The pictured labels are a little different as I used a shaped craft punch to cut mine. I wanted to make sure you could use the document even if you didn't have a punch.
I have also made a set of blue because when my girls come home from college there is simply not enough room in their bathroom for all their lotions and potions. My son has his own set of products (a bit more manly-scented of course) and so I put his products in the blue labeled bottles and the girls' products in the pink labeled bottles.

sig trans


9 Comments

  1. I have the same problem and sharpie markers eventually wash off. Thanks for the fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. And so cute. Thanks for sharing. Karie

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are so pretty! awesome, simple, and cute :)

    I'd love for you to link this up to my link party, Your Whims Wednesday! http://mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/04/your-whims-wednesday-2-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute idea and I use a silver tray in my bathroom, too. Thanks for joining WUW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely adore this project! I am hosting a Springtime Craft and Project linky party today and I would love it if you would particpate.

    There is a giveaway involved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea, I buy these big bottles too, and they're so hard to deal with daily. Thanks for sharing this with us on VIF, xo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super sweet idea~ your bottles look charming as well as being more user friendly than the big old Costco sized bottles we get! Thanks for sharing at FNF! :)

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration...

Pageviews last month

subscribe

Blogger templates

Translate blog language

Powered by Blogger.

Fabulous friends & followers

Search This Blog