All the outdoor chores I needed to get done before the winter chill arrives are just about complete. My thoughts have moved inside, ready to fluff my rooms for comfortable evenings at home on a cold night.

One of those rooms to fluff would be my craft room. I sat down last night to create some birthday cards and ended up bringing the supplies into my family room. I have a craft space in the basement of our house. It's really two folding tables from a warehouse club with my craft supplies stored randomly nearby. It's workable... but last night when I was watching the Nate Berkus show on my DVR while working on my cards, I was longing for a warm space on the first floor where the goldens could keep me company and I didn't feel so isolated.

I've begun checking out different craft rooms and storage ideas online and started a board on Pinterest with a few of my finds. While clicking along, I came across a planning tool and furniture designed by who else, but Martha Stewart, on HomeDecorators.com



All of this furniture is very pretty, but what I would really like is to integrate the craft storage into my current family room so that I can stay in that first-floor space, enjoy the DVR and the company of my goldens, and still have my craft supplies close at hand.This top room is my favorite. I love the table that holds all the magazine dividers, and it's neighbor with the wrapping paper rolls is pretty awesome too.



I don't really want my space to look like a craft space... so I just need a few elements. A desk of course, a comfortable chair, and then storage. Lots of storage.



I like this furniture, but I was trying to improvise with what I might already have on hand. For instance, the armoire in the picture above... I have an old armoire my sister gave me. It's not quite as big, but it looks right at home in that room and it could store a lot of supplies.




I just gave my daughter a desk I used to have in the entry. That would have been perfect behind a sofa to use as a kind of sofa table/work surface. Instead I'll have to make do with another piece of furniture. Perhaps my farm table from the office {nope, it's too big}or a smaller desk I have used to hold a sewing machine upstairs.This last room would be my ideal design office... at work, but not for home.

Open storage in pretty jars and such is nice for a dedicated craft space, but this wouldn't fly if I was going to use my family room. Is it possible to have a space to craft that also functions as a family room? Not sure.. but you can bet I am going to try!

Here's my favorite links from last week...


Wigs are often the most expensive part of a Halloween costume, but you can make your own Jack Sparrow hair... the tutorial is here on A Couple of Craft Addicts!

 *  *  *  *  *  *
I just can't resist these pictures of kids ready for the big day... This Hulk costume is fabulous, and you can tell this little guy feels the same way! See how the costume came together over at The Sasse Life!


This last link is not Halloween related at all... but the colors of the creation are true to autumn and the words are most definitely the star. Check out this post over at Bonita Rose to see her beautiful collage but most importantly, read the message she shares.



Please grab a feature or participant button or add a text link in your post back to the party!


Button




Let's get this week's party started! Link up the best of your blog and be sure to link back to the party with a button or text link. If your post has been removed because there wasn't a link back, add the button below or a text link and link up again. Most importantly... mingle... click around the other links and get to know this fabulous group of partiers!

Button
sig trans




11 Comments

  1. Thank you for the feature :)
    Kim
    www.thesasselife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hulk is a cute little guy! Those art studios are dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean! My office is in the basement and I get lonely sometimes too!

    Hugs,
    Jacalyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some awesome studio spaces, but I think a lot of us have the exact problem you described: how do you LIVE with a craft area and still have it look like home?
    It will be fun to see what you come up with!
    Happy Wednesday, and thanks for hosting!
    ~april

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love Martha's craft room line at Home Decorator's Collection! maybe someday i will get one of her genius organizing fixtures...
    do you have a spare closet that you could maybe work out of? i have seen people turn closets into little offices, etc. I like the armoire idea too! i have a spare (small) bedroom i am using as a craft/sewing room/office, but it's kind of a disaster now. i've been trying to get it all together, but it just keeps falling apart ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to have one of those rooms. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great inspiration!!!

    Thanks for hosting this great party

    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello there, thank you so much for featuring my collage and my artwork.. you just made my day! xo big hugs to you and Happy Wednesday.. I linked up again! xo hugs.. Lots of new things on my blog lately, I just got back fr a retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all those work spaces. I am lucky to have a room devoted to my work. It's really where I live most all the time but at night I like to be in the warmth of the family room. :) Thanks so much for hosting. I am sorry I am so late. You weren't up last night when I checked and then I fell asleep watching DWTS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there! This is my first time linking up! I just saw that same craft room from HD Collection in the recent catalog. I wish I had a room that big!! (but I can't complain- at least I HAVE a room!!) I like where you're going with your inspiration pics. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm missing it! Where can I put together my room on Home Decorators? Or are their just standard pictures? Slow on the uptake today...

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration...

Pageviews last month

subscribe

Blogger templates

Translate blog language

Powered by Blogger.

Fabulous friends & followers

Search This Blog