A tarnished silver teapot. Many would pass it by; some might call it ugly. I picked it up and brought it home.




I don't mind the tarnish; I kind of like it. It looks especially pretty as a contrast against the rich colors of fall.  I have a use for it {I knew I eventually would}. It's holding my stash of plastic bags, ready to be reused.


On a table near the back door, it stands ready to hold one of the supplies most needed in a home with two golden retrievers.


Not the most gracious use, I know. But I do not serve tea every day and I do need these bags every day.  Have you ever seen a prettier container for them? It becomes part of the fall decor... in a most useful way!
 







sig trans 
 <br><br><br><b>Join us every Friday...</b>Photobucket


12 Comments

  1. Tarnished silver teapots are the best! Looks lovely with the foliage, and great idea to hide those less-than-lovely bags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous and classy idea, Mary! And by the way, I think that teapot is a rather beautiful, shapely ol damsel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THIS!!! What a great idea. We use TONS of plastic bags here (for the same reason, too), and we really need a place to keep them that's attractive. I am SO copying you! :-)

    ~Angela~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever girl! LOve this idea.
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love vintage, tarnished silver too! I try to use it from fall to winter in my constantly changing decorating "clutter"! I must say, your planned use is pretty creative... :)

    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just had one given to me recently and so loving it.

    Collage of Roses

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! LOL! Tarnished silver is always comes home with me too if I find a shape or peice I don't own already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever idea! Bet it makes the pups feel very special! Hugs, GraceinAZ

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the silver turnishes tea pot and the foliage coming from it. Hugs, FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the tarnish, it's a pretty teapot! Old silver is one of the things I am drawn to right now, so I would have brought it home too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry that I gave one of these away now. What a very good idea. I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration...

Pageviews last month

subscribe

Blogger templates

Translate blog language

Powered by Blogger.

Fabulous friends & followers

Search This Blog