I went to an estate sale last weekend; haven't been to one in quite some time. The first day of the sale I found an amazing deal--it's still in the car so I'll have to reveal that in another post. However, this pretty silver sugar and creamer are pretty sweet too! They were kind of expensive I thought, so I waited until the second day after noon to go back and see if they had marked them down. Sure enough, they had!
It's tall and slim and I haven't seen too many like this before. The engraved design on the foot is pretty too.
The sugar bowl almost looks like a little trophy with such big handles. Not sure what room I will be using these in quite yet. For now they are on a bookshelf in my office.
The other items I was hoping might get marked down had sold already. I'll be checking estate sales more often. Seems that the thrift stores near me are pricing things higher than estate sales!
Here's some of my favorite links from last week's Share the Love (#4). This week's party is still open; scroll down or click on the party button on my sidebar to join up!I always see vintage aprons at sales and have bought a few. Never would I have thought to make such a cute display out of them as Kim did!
This looks like a fabulous party--beautiful outfits, pretty tablesettings and lots of fun party decor. If I could only translate the blog! Check out the beautiful cake and styling at this everything in pink event at Prunille fait son show
Thanks to everyone who linked up! Love seeing all the great ideas and I've found some great new blogs through this party and I hope my readers have too! Don't forget to link up to this week's party!






great finds, mary. love the vintage silver, both pieces have such great patina.
ReplyDeletehave the loveliest of weekends.
xo
~molly
Your vintage silver pieces are just lovely. Have a wonderful weekend. Thank you for featuring my aprons. I found 2 more today. I think I'm addicted.
ReplyDeleteI have a sugar and creamer almost exactly like these, and I love the designs of them as well. I have not been to an estate sale for many years. I am wondering what you have still in the car??? j
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Terri
The sugar and creamer are gorgeous, Mary. Would love to know what you paid for those. SO glad you got the champagne cooler. I almost went into anaphylactic shock reading your post about the $19 price tag and wondering if it was a good deal.... O.O ... and was SO relieved to see that you got back in time before it got away. I love vintage silver and would kill for a piece like that for that price. Keep those cards and letters coming!
ReplyDeleteI think they were marked $20, and it was the second day of the estate sale, so they were $10. I only bought them because of the distinctive shape and size. I see vintage silver creamer and sugar sets at the thrift store every week for less, but these definitely stood out. I hope you find some vintage beauties of your own!
ReplyDeleteMary