Finding fabulous furniture at the thrift store always gives me a thrill. Check out this cute table with a price tag of $12.21. 


Many times just the bargain price on a piece of real wood furniture (as opposed to veneer) will make me take a second look.  With this table, it was the details that made me lift it up into my cart.


I like the tiny legs with the little twist to them and curvy shape... the chips in the finish don't bother me at all.


The table is has a lower shelf, which I love for storing all my favorite magazines and the tons of decorating and cookbooks I bring home from the library. But when I walked around and saw the front of the table, I knew this table was coming home with me. Even if I didn't know where I was going to use it yet!


There's a pretty medallion on the front center and another on each of the front legs. The medallions were highlighted with a touch of gold paint... which I really love.


You actually can see the beginning of the makeover in the top photo; I started with a bit of wood filler to fix the dings in the top. Stay tuned for the update in a future post!

Linking to:

sig trans


5 Comments

  1. What a STEAL! Such pretty details.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. look forward to seeing how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! It would look great in a fun color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the table, Mary! I can't wait to see the makeover. With all the terrific details on this piece, it should be fabulous!

    Blessings,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration...

Pageviews last month

subscribe

Blogger templates

Translate blog language

Powered by Blogger.

Fabulous friends & followers

Search This Blog