I've been going through boxes of photos and cards that my mother had saved and was surprised to find that she had kept all of her wedding cards. They are gorgeous... I have a thing for vintage greeting cards and the fact that these are from my mom makes them all the more special. I hope you enjoy them too and can use them in your projects. Here's two from the collection... two of my favorites! They are high resolution; I put my watermark at the bottom so you should be able to trim it off easily for crafting purposes.


Isn't this vintage wedding shoe card above gorgeous? It's so unique! On the original card, the finish on the shoe is has a satin texture. Add some roses and lily of the valley. and it's over the top{swoon}.




I am a huge fan of anything with bluebirds on on it and these little birds are so chubby they're even more irresistible! If you like vintage card illustrations, be sure and check out my collection of cards  here. I haven't posted any in a while and I'd love to get back to sharing them with you!


Before we get started on this week's link up, I'd love to spotlight a few links from the last party. If you've been featured on Very Merry Vintage Style... grab a feature button & tell the world!











Button



Last week's highlights...


 

This is the happiest little project I've seen this week, and very simple. A sweet little pennant bunting for your cake! I love all the beautiful vintage papers Stacey selected for this banner. How cute would it be for any holiday with themed paper... 4th of July, Halloween, etc...? For the complete post which also includes some adorable red & aqua images... visit  A Sort of Fairytale!


 Birdie Blue

These vintage doll treasures are amazing... the color is perfect and you must hop over to Birdie Blue and see the sweet images on the decals. Molly picked them up on her family vacation. Besides these sweet pieces, she also found a gorgeous bluebird plate (there's lots of us who love anything with a bluebird on it) and loads of cheery towels and dishes. I love seeing what others purchase on their treasure hunts! Check the whole post out over at Birdie Blue.




 Out Junking

This was such a unique post. I have never seen vintage birth records before. Lisa from Out Junking bought them at auction and there are really some fascinating stories behind them. They'd make a great conversation piece in a vintage silver platter or basket.... fun to look through and of course the old handwriting on them is beautiful 

Thanks so much to each of you who linked up last week. I truly enjoy visiting each and every one of you to see what you've been up to! I'm ready for another week of fun, so let's get the party started...

Two easy requests...
  • Please link just one specific post you want to feature, not your whole blog (to do this, click on the title of the post you want to link and it will open on it's own page, then copy that url
  • Please link back to my blog with either the party button or a text link. 
Button


Linking this post to
Blue Cricket Design

Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground
Time Travel Thursday at Brambleberry Cottage
White Wednesday at Faded Charm 
Vintage Thingy Thursday
House of Grace 
Shabby Chic Cottage
Coastal Charm Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Mod Vintage Life Mod Mix Monday 
 





18 Comments

  1. I just love the graphics on these old cards. It's wonderful that she still had them and that you get to enjoy them, yourself. Just linked up, thanks for the party! xoxo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. those birth records are one great find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well maybe I have to go paint a bluebird today!
    Thank you for being our host!
    KAT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you again for the feature and for hosting the party each week!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love old greeting cards- they have such a panache to them, unlike today's cards. I kept all of my wedding cards, as well. Maybe someone will find them fascinating in 50+ years! LOL Thanks for reminding me to link up. ~ Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hosting the LOVE... visit me when you have time
    http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
    love
    Farah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the heads up. I love a good party. :)
    Pam @ BeColorful

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you sweet One. Your invitation was just the push I needed to get a post up.
    I love your post because I have a box full of cards my Mother saved. They are all the cards she received when I was born! They are in perfect condition and I can't decide what to do with them. Let me know what you decide.
    ~ ~Ahrisha~

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you for featuring birdie blue, miss mary. it's so sweet of you to host a fun party each week, and i'm delighted to participate in it.

    love the vintage wedding cards, perfect for any june bride.

    what's with all of our crazy weather of late?
    xo
    ~molly

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love, love your vintage wedding cards. How wonderful to have them, specially because they were your mother's.
    I have a small but modest collection of these, too. I do not part with any of them.
    Thanks for hosting.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those cards are so romantic and sweet. Thanks for hosting each week ;)
    Roselle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the invite & hosting some link love!! xo Heading over to check Out Junking now!!

    :D Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the wedding cards. Especially the shoe and roses. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the feature and especially for the vintage link party. I'm not always very good at DIY, but I sure can junk.
    Thank so much,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't thank you enough for sharing this wonderful vintage wedding card image with me! I am delighted to discover this beautiful blog and look forward to future posts! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cards are fabulous, Mary! How wonderful that they are special treasures of your mom's. That makes them even more beautiful for you.

    Thanks for linking to my party and for hosting this fun one, as well.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing these beautiful cards with us. They just don't make them like they used to.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for inviting me to your party...I'm a little late but I just linked up. I will try to be on time next week!

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration...

Pageviews last month

subscribe

Blogger templates

Translate blog language

Powered by Blogger.

Fabulous friends & followers

Search This Blog