Armoire: {noun} a tall piece of furniture that usually has two doors and that is used to store things (such as clothes). So it goes according to Merriam-Webster. An armoire is most definitely a fabulous piece of furniture. Stately, large and worthy of attention... my attention, it seems. 

Lately I have been eyeing armoires in resale & antique shops. I could use it to store clothes. I could also use it to store my collection of dishes and vintage silver. Or, it could be turned into a bar... yes... a bar in an armoire.


source
Do I need a bar? No.... I don't have a stock of liquor, nor do I entertain as much as I might like these days. But this.... this piece is so pretty. I can picture my collection of Waterford crystal, bits of vintage silver and pretty bottles lined up; I could fill in with French lemonade and Perrier!. I like the mirror behind the glassware as well; it adds an extra boost to the shimmer of fancy glass and crystal.

source
I could use one in the bedroom. What girl couldn't use an extra spot to store her favorite sweaters, handbags and shoes? This next one is sweet too.... glass doors to show off all the pretties inside. I would have to be very neat to truly enjoy its beauty.

source
This one works as extra storage in the kitchen. I don't have a lot of wall space in my kitchen and dining area, so it's not really practical. in my current house.

source
The mirrored panels are so pretty on this one. This would look beautiful and function in any room of the home.

source
This one below holds all the treasures a little girl could want! They don't get much curvier than this.

source

I'm on the lookout for an armoire.... something curvy, old and sturdy would be nice. I'll know it when I see it!



sig trans 
linking up to:
<b>Add my button to your sidebar!</b>


11 Comments

  1. Such beautiful eye candy. I'm loving all the armoire variations. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes I love that first image as a bar and one used as a pantry is good too. I don't have the space for either unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all great, but that one with the clear doors and clothes inside. At my house that would be a fright. I'm a neat person but lets face it when company comes, I hide everything in the closet.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. PING! That's the sound inspiration makes in Helen's head (or maybe that her hitting her head with her thermos when inspiration strikes?) either way you are the source. I have an empty TV Armoire that I could doll up to store vintage goodies, which are now in plastic bins in the basement! LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a big armoire fan! Our old house basically has no closets, so I have several of them to hold everything from clothes to linens to just plain junk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pantry! What a great idea. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are some great ideas -- I have repurposed a couple myself. I really like the one made into a bar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love things like this. I have an armoire in the basement that's just collecting dust. Can't wait to repurpose it. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration...

Pageviews last month

subscribe

Blogger templates

Translate blog language

Powered by Blogger.

Fabulous friends & followers

Search This Blog