I like to do a little something different with my fall decor each year. I kept some of the same floral elements as last year, but added a few new items. I began with a thrifted silver vase filled with fallen branches from the yard.
This collection of branches started out with a Halloween idea in mind. I was going to spray paint them. The more I looked at the plain branches contrasting with the bright silver vase I decided to keep them natural.
The vase was the first thing I put on the mantel. I confess I like the simple beauty of this piece all by itself. Not for this fall, but perhaps in January... when the house has been dressed to the hilt for several months and I am ready for a clean and simple slate.
I tucked some fall picks on the side of each of the items on the mantel and included this cute tag sale painting of a fall street scene.
Rather than stick with typical oranges, reds and yellows, I like the bright yellow-green of the apples. The color is the same as in the painting. Warm and bright at the same time.
I would love to live on this street. It is right out of a storybook setting.
A bouquet of mums with leaves and pumpkin sprays warm it up a bit. It was nice to get the mantel done. It's really the first thing you see when you walk into the room. Fall has come to the dining room!
Linking this post to:
The Lettered Cottage for Fall Mantles










I really like the silver with the branch in it. Great fall picture too. The mantel sets the mood for fall!
ReplyDeleteHi Mary,
ReplyDeleteIt's lovely, truly vibrant and warm. I agree with you in that I love the texture and colors of the fallen branches. They are so much prettier left natural.
Hugs,
Meri
Beautiful mantle. The silver contrast is just gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteLove love love it! The painting is so charming and you know I love when you use your silver urns!!!;) Happy Monday!
ReplyDeleteYour mantle is always so pretty, but this Fall vignette is especially lovely with the addition of that charming painting! I want to live in that little picket-fenced village too!
ReplyDeleteIt's very pretty, and I like that it's asymmetrical.
ReplyDeleteAWESOME! This is just my style. That painting is the perfect piece for here, I love it paired with the apples and that beautiful urn.
ReplyDeleteVery pretty! I love how you used fresh apples there, and the leaves that almoust fall off are so cute! And, of course, the silver vase and the painting are just perfect. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous--i adore the picture! How i wish I had a mantle now!!
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteVery pretty. simple but ever so sweet! I love that painting. Yes, straight out of a story book. Wonder if Mrs. Cleaver lives there? lol! Happy Fall to you!
Your images are just stunning. Feeling very fallish now!
ReplyDeleteMary, I love the simplicity of your decor for this mantel! The vase filled with twigs just speaks to me- guess it should- the top of my entertainment center has had a ceramic vase filled with curly willow for the past year. :-) The apples give the vignette just the right touch, too! All so lovely....
ReplyDelete:-) Sue
That touch of silver creates a beautiful centerpoint.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. I love the silver accent. I to like leaving my branches natural and not painting them black.
ReplyDelete