I stopped at the Goodwill shop in my area today to drop off some clothing and household goods for donation. Of course I had to stop in the store and see what was new. Today was the first day the Halloween Shop was open according to the sign on the window. They must have had a storage unit full of Halloween items. There were racks and racks of costumes, home decor and on top of every rack throughout the store were plastic pumpkins!
I picked up a few; I like to send one to each of my daughters at college as Halloween nears, filled with goodies from home. I always look for something a little different and not too big. I found three to bring home (even though I only needed two). Yes, some may think it's early to be posting about Halloween, but if you are looking for vintage, now's the time to shop. If you'd like to see all my Halloween posts, click HERE.
I think I will keep the kitty bucket. It was made by Empire Plastics, a maker of many plastic blow-mold figurines through the years. They are no longer in business. As I was taking photos of this bucket that tongue reminded me of an earlier post I did featuring one of my golden's "smiling"
Each of these buckets were marked 49 cents. I also came home with a few{much} larger pieces... {couldn't help myself, they were so cute!} they need to be cleaned upa bit and then I'll share them in a future post. Happy hunting!
Linking up to:






That's a great idea, to pack the pumpkins with things inside and send off.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for Halloween. Love looking at what people come up with as far as decor.
I'm totally into Halloween and have big crafting plans for this long weekend. Your kitty bucket is simply divine. I stopped at our mission/thrift store but didn't find a single Halloween-related item. Good for you!!
ReplyDeleteI stopped at one thrift today and they had a whole Halloween section and the next thrift had two measly items. So now I know what I will be doing next week - haunting all the thrift stores in town for vintage Halloween. Love that kitty bucket.
ReplyDeleteCUTE!!! I love to shop for vintage items! Guess I better check out the local thrift stores. I'm thinking they put out the halloween after their Labor day sale.
ReplyDeleteGood finds!
Deb :)
The kitty bucket is too good! Didn't even think about Goodwill for Halloween goodies.
ReplyDeleteThe Kitty Bucket is so Retro, I'd keep it too!
ReplyDeleteDawn... The Bohemian
I forgot that Goodwill sets up a Halloween shop every year! Our Goodwill is so horrible that I don't go there except around Christmas and Halloween. I love your idea of sending one of those trick-or-treat buckets to your college kids. I think our daughter would like that so much more than the treat bag she always gets from us! I have a couple of those kitty buckets, but had no idea that they are Empire. Those are NOT going off to college!
ReplyDeleteThe buckets are so cute. I haven't ever seen that cat one before...yes you must keep it.
ReplyDeleteAll the vintage buckets look great and I hope your daughters save them..great find...cute puppy dog too..
ReplyDeleteLike the buckets, LOVE the golden. Soooo cute.
ReplyDelete