Vintage Halloween Decor... it can be cute, scary, or even... weird. I think this little retro witch is all of those.  A few weeks ago I happened to hit Goodwill on the opening day of their Halloween Shop. It wasn't planned.

 
If you remember, I picked up a few little trick or treat buckets, one of which was a lovely Empire Plastics kitty. I mentioned that a few larger items made their way into my cart as well....



and here they are. Although this witch was the one that caught my eye, the second figure was even better. It's an Empire Plastics figure. The clue was in the face... modern Jacks don't have the same wide-eyed skinny smile.


His second half is just a silly ghost with a goofy smile.



But together... the pair is  pretty cute. Not too spooky, not even weird... like the witch. It was a very good day at the Goodwill.


These light up figures are large, hard to store and don't appeal to everyone. I like them... I guess that's all that matters. I have a little neighbor girl who loves all the light up Jack-o-Lanterns in my windows each year. Won't she be surprised to see what I have added to the decor this year!


P.S... not everyone in the house is thrilled with the new decorations. Hopefully Marley's attitude will change before they go out October 1. 





Linking to:

 

The DIY Show Off


Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!

Photobucket
<b>Add my button to your sidebar!</b> 


 sig trans


7 Comments

  1. These are really cute, great finds! Marley looks like he's not sure WHAT to think. thanks for sharing the fun at VIF, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great vintage Halloween finds!! Marley is soo cute, I am sure he will love the new visitors soon.
    Hugs,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are cute. A lot bigger than I was expecting until I saw Marley with them. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it's wrong to fall in love with a blow mold decoration then I don't want to be right. Oh, who am I kidding? I'm always right. Those are extra loveable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable! The smiley witch is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to have that witch, but I sold her at a garage sale because our shed was getting packed to the gills with holiday decorations. I was just thinking about her the other day, and how much I miss her! Your Goodwill is a very good Goodwill!
    Happy REDnesday,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. The witch looks altogether too friendly--not frightening at all!

    DARLING, SCARLET LADYBUG

    Darling, scarlet ladybug,
    On the prowl for bugs and such,
    If I met you on the rug,
    I would not be frightened (much).


    © 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

    Red Cactus Fruit

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration...

Pageviews last month

subscribe

Blogger templates

Translate blog language

Powered by Blogger.

Fabulous friends & followers

Search This Blog