The weather is so much cooler and I am back in the garden, however it's for the purpose of cleaning up faded perennials... getting the garden ready for fall and winter. These are probably the last blooms on my rose bushes.




I must say they are going out in style this year... this round of blooms is so pretty.


I shot these pictures with an f 1.4 50mm lens... pretty fast and it really blurs out the foliage. This is a good thing because there is a bit of blackspot on some of the leaves, particularly on the yellow rose plant.


I wish I had more roses in the yard but I don't have enough sunny spots to sustain them. Many of the trees in the yard have grown so large and I have found myself having to switch to shade plants after all these years.


I wish I could tell you the names of these roses, but my golden retrievers have a bad habit of pulling up all my plastic plant markers! 

sig trans


4 Comments

  1. Oh no! I have come to enjoy your flowers in the vintage silver containers!! I will miss them. :( It's always so uplifting to me. I will keep my fingers crossed that your garden has some winter flowers in it?? Is there such a thing??

    ReplyDelete
  2. My roses have been blooming their hearts out but this morning I noted the deer came thru last night and made a midnight snack out of many of them. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to see them go, they are so beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing them, I'm hoping for winter flowers, too. (LOL)
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mary,
    Your roses are beautiful and I too love my 60mm lens..I love the close ups of flowers so much..The beetles have ruined all my roses but I saved my knockout roses second blooming by keeping them behind a screen.
    Enjoy Time...

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration...

Pageviews last month

subscribe

Blogger templates

Translate blog language

Powered by Blogger.

Fabulous friends & followers

Search This Blog