This is a simple fall centerpiece made from gathered items around my home....

 

A Crate and Barrel punch bowl that was a wedding shower gift, bits of fall stems, faux leaves, berries and a pillar candle the perfect shade of terra cotta.


These are the things that make a centerpiece on the island between my kitchen and dining room.
 

It was pretty simple to put together. I put the larger stems and sprays in first, wiggled the candle in, and then pressed the large individual leaves against the sides of the glass. They are held there by the other stems.



The leaves are a bit translucent so the candle flame and the kitchen lighting during the day makes it glow with warmth.


It's similar to the beauty of being outside looking at the yellow, orange, red and green leaves against the fall sky. I love fall...




I used an old Longaberger wrought iron basket stand to give it the proper stage; the dark wrought iron really sets off the bright leaves and shiny glass.

I don't use this punch bowl more than once a year for serving punch, but I use it every day in my home and keep it on display throughout the year. Mainly because it's so large that it would take up valuable real estate in my kitchen cabinets.

You may recognize it from my Christmas decor post... it held vintage ornaments. Last month it held the latest issues of my favorite magazines... in style!



sig trans
 Linking up to:



<br><br><br><b>Join us every Friday...</b>


Photobucket


5 Comments

  1. Love, love, love this. Easy, too. I may have to be a copy-cat on this one! I have a "fish bowl" vase that I use at Easter...why not for fall? Getting it out tomorrow!
    Thanks!
    amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. I have a fish bowl out right now filled with dried black beans, a mini skeleton and a tiny pumpkin. Not quite the same effect...hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so pretty! My punch bowl is a ruby red, so am bummed I can't reproduce this but loving getting to see what you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super idea!! I think that would look beautiful in my home, too!

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration...

Pageviews last month

subscribe

Blogger templates

Translate blog language

Powered by Blogger.

Fabulous friends & followers

Search This Blog